A fire outbreak has reportedly razed down 11 shops in Nguru town of Yobe state where property worth millions were destroyed.
The inferno was said to have started following an electrical fault few minutes to 10pm on Friday, when business operators have shut down all transactions and have retired to their respective homes.
Shops affected were mostly from the grains section and a side where electrical appliances are repaired in the market.
A resident of the town, Usman Bako, who confirmed the incident to DAILY POST on Saturday, said, “Yes, there was a fire incident at Nguru market yesterday around 9:50pm.
“It was widely reported that the fire outbreak was caused by an electrical fault and the shops involved were from grains section of the market and a side where electrical appliances are repaired,” he stated.
Bako stated that although no life was lost during the inferno, many people were seriously affected by the thick smoke from the fire including his brother.